Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Busy April

Well April has been an eventful month; I completed my Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults (RCIA) at Holy Cross Catholic Church. This culminated at the Easter vigil with my Baptism, Confirmation and First Holy Communion. Part of my journey was to become even more familiar with the Catholic Church and tracing its roots back to the disciple Peter. So this brings me to a new tag line for the church “Catholic, the original Christian Church.” I find the question “are you Catholic or Christian?” very confusing, Catholic is Christian. Especially since most protestant churches are using an abridged version of the Bible to base their faith on. I don’t pretend to know or understand the entire bible, but choosing to take books out because they don’t agree with your doctrine doesn’t seem right. Granted the Catholic Church is full of Human errors also, but that is the basis of our faith that Jesus was born, crucified, died, and resurrected for the forgiveness of our sins.  Jesus taught tolerance and forgiveness, which many people claiming to be Christians seem to have forgotten. We started out as a single Church and in the end will return to a single Church; this is not to say any one church has the one and true way since we are all human and sinners. The one thing I know for sure is there is much more the bible can teach me and my journey is just beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment