Thursday, December 30, 2010

I wouldn't say they lied, but...

I was told Marysville had no place good to eat.  Well I have found that to be a bit of an exageration.  While options are limitied one of the best meals I have had in a long time was right in the middle of town.  J.R.'s Steakhouse is tucked away off the main road (State Ave) The inside is all dark wood and cozy, the staff is friendly and attentive.  The menu is varied, but not so many choices that you are sure they can't do that many things well.  My wife and I had just moved to Marysville and felt it was time for a nice meal to celibrate.  We started with the Clam Chowder, obviously house made with fresh ingredients and thickened with cream not starch.  This alone will bring us back.  We then ordered a bottle of 14 Hands Merlot, and I had the special which was a baseball Sirloin steak cooked to perfection, seared on the outside and juicy and red on the inside.  The seasoning included caraway seeds which really added a wonderful compliment to the garlic butter. served with broccolini and a twice stuffed baked potato, both of which were perfect.  My wife had the prime rib special which came with 4 Prawns in Kobe sauce, baked beans and a loaded baked potato.  The baked beans were awesome, not something you will ever find in a can. The server talked us into splitting a Creme Brulee I had to thank her as it was a real Creme Brulee, not one of the instant custards/puddings with burnt sugar on top.  We left satisfied and ready to share this experience with others.

No comments:

Post a Comment