Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Russell’s Dining and Bar




What’s the best way to cap off the night after a day of volunteering at one of the many Woodinville wineries? A stop at Russell’s Dining and Bar in Bothell, a converted barn visible from I-405 and now surrounded by a business park.  I was greeted by none other than Russell himself, as always made to feel very welcome. As I settled into the bar area and was offered a sample of wine, I was just going to have a desert but a new item on the menu caught my eye and the aromas of great food  made me hungry so I ordered the Duck Confit Nachos.  This item is on the Bar menu so there is a Happy hour price of $10 a savings of $3 from the regular price I paid on this Saturday night. My plate arrived with a warning that it was very hot, and it was, piled high with corn nachos, shredded Duck Confit and a Corn Salsa this was a meal in itself.  Then I tried the new desert item, recommended by Russell, the Chocolate Caramel Tart. I think I have found a new favorite desert in this triangle of dark chocolate coated custard with a caramel drizzle. 
Russell’s Dining and Bar has some great features in addition to awesome food, the upstairs is an event venue with vaulted ceilings and wood floors just begging for dancing or large crowds.  There is no corkage fee for locally made wines and is a favorite of many of the area’s winemakers.  On this evening I counted four in attendance, who, without their permission, I am not going to name at this time. This is the place for great food and meeting good friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment