Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Wild Vine Bistro


I met up with a friend at The Wild Vine Bistro in Bothell, near Mill Creek, WA. We have eaten here before and have always enjoyed it.  On this Monday night they had a ½ price Bottle of wine special for all wines under $50.  So we tried one I was unfamiliar with IQ2 which the server informed us was a sister winery to Page, both out of Woodinville, WA.  This ’08 Blend named Friends seemed appropriate for the occasion and was very approachable.  We quite enjoyed this wine with the Cheese plate and then the other special of the night; Pasta Carbonara.  The dish described as fresh pasta with in house Duck Breast Prosciutto light cream sauce and egg yolk.  The presentation was interesting in that the egg yolk sat on top of the generous portion of pasta with an amazingly tasty sauce.  Stirring the egg yolk in and then being left speechless with the experience. The freshness of this dish was obvious from the first taste and is one I hope makes it onto the regular menu as I will be back for more.  My friend and I shared another bottle of wine, this time an Argentinian ’09 Malbec by Alamos this is where I hope Washington Malbec will be in a few years as the vines get some age to them.  The Wild Vine also hosts live entertainment from local groups such as The Side Project, Woodrush, May Palmer, and Greg Murat.

No comments:

Post a Comment